Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Reading Is Its Own Reward

I've been a reader since my earliest memories. Before I learned to read, I annoyed my brothers to teach me. I love books. I enjoy short stories. I have been known to read shampoo bottles when nothing else is available.

At some point, I realized that the stories inside my head wanted to be released. Some of them appear in the virtual pages of this very journal. While I don't need feedback, I desire it. This entry entreats all of my dear readers to give a little back.

Why?

I want my readers to enjoy what I write.
I want you to find a few moments of peace in a hectic day. Some weeks, you will laugh. Others, you will cry. I admit that sometimes I expect to leave you a little confused.
We all have room for improvement. I want to know what you think would make my posts more interesting to you.

What can you do?

Keep checking in.
Comment on my posts.
Follow this journal.
Invite your friends.
Make recommendations of subjects you'd like me to consider (fictionally, of course).

What will I do for you?

Keep posting interesting scenarios from my mind to amuse you.
Provide giveaways for major milestones. Of course, this requires more followers. Only followers of this blog will be eligible to receive prizes (which could be artistry such as handcrafted journals or tastiness such as a dozen cookies or, eventually, autographed copies of published works). Feel free to post other realistic prize ideas in the comments below.

Any thoughts, suggestions, responses?

3 comments:

  1. I like to read little bits and pieces on the computer every few hours to take my mind off of life. I love to read and consider reading a luxury enjoyed by people with time, and as someone with very little time, the shorter the better. If a post is longer than a web page, meaning I have to scroll down on my side bar to read the entire thing, I will rarely read it. If you keep your posts short and simple, you will gain more followers.
    I like chocolate chip... ;) j/k

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i don't know if it is something you would be interested in but you could write an interesting witty story about a crack in the wall of a new house you may have got for example. :)

    I read them all and enjoy them. Its nice to pop in and read your blog while having coffee and take a small break from the days stress.

    I am enjoying the journal i recieved and keep it on my desk as a reminder that friends even years after they first talk, can meet all over again and continue in a small way that relationship that previously existed way back in school. :)

    have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  3. How would you rate me on keeping it simple? I am not sure that is my strong suit.

    ReplyDelete