Sunday, September 29, 2013

[REVIEW] Cookie Bookie

A friend of mine turned me onto an idea that appeals to both my belly and my brain. During the month of October, a group of us picks one book a week to read and review. After reading the book (more likely, halfway through), we select or create a cookie recipe that the book inspires or even mentions. Then we share our thoughts on the book and our recipe with the rest of the group. Being the month of hauntings, our books should be themed on ghost and witches and thrills galore. I've selected some titles that may just barely fit the qualifications from my immense backlog. I will be sharing, so be prepared.

Since I am known to tackle too much at once, I have already begun my first book. So far, I am leaning toward delicious cookie bars to go with my first title, but I have read about fifty pages, so I am not committed to that decision yet. Join me later this week for revelations and feel free to share suggestions for cookies or bookies that I might enjoy in later weeks this month.

Also, to see a pro at the cookie and bookie concept, you can check out this website that my friend referred me to:

http://prudencepennywise.blogspot.com/search/label/cookie%20bookie?m=0

No comments:

Post a Comment