Friday, December 8, 2017

Grow Your Heart Three Sizes...

The heart of a grinch has taken over my tiny little hobbit body this season. I am hoping that when my cold dissipates, my heart will grow back to its normal size. In the meantime, I am trying not to overdo my slightly less than seasonal feelings. I did weed out a few names from my Christmas card list. If I have not received a card or heard from someone in a number of years, I don't feel confident that I have the correct address or that they want to hear from me. I always have extra cards. If someone surprises me and sends a card for a change, I can send one back.

In the opposite direction, the end of my cold promises the chance for some warm seasonal baking. I hope to still have enough friends who would like a sweet token of seasonal affection by that time. I don't think I will repeat last year's efforts to distribute treats individually to the hundreds of members of my church family. That takes far more energy than my body can handle this holiday season. I'll just have to pass out more smiles and wishes of a Merry Christmas. Those won't threaten to send buttons flying off of pants at least.

How do you get in the holiday spirit when your skin feels a little green and your heart feels shrunken?

Sing Christmas carols?

Spend time with friends?

Mail out holiday cards? Admire the ones you have received?

Watch cheesy holiday movies?

Help someone in need?

Donate to charity?

Read select passages from the New Testament?

Wrap presents?

Bake treats?

Inspire me...

No comments:

Post a Comment