Thursday, August 2, 2012

Two Become One


A small offering for my loyal readers. This week got away from me, so I didn't finish the piece I wanted to present you with. Have a beautiful day, my friends.

Two women, exactly alike, stand in the middle of the room. The first speaks and the other shakes her head in disagreement.

"I tire of this."

"Of course, I just can't do it."

"You can."

"I can't."

"You won't."

"I CAN'T."

"We shall."

The second grabs the chair that stands between them and flings it out of the way. It crashes against the wall and ricochets into a shelf.

The shelf wobbles, sending statuettes to the floor with a crash. The first woman steps back, but she does not step far enough.

"We shall," the second repeats as she leaps into the first.

The two merge. The two become one. The one looks at the room with the look of fire, but somewhere in her eyes, the doubt lingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment