Thursday, January 22, 2015

The 50s Housewife Experiment: Update 2

As the opening montage of The Donna Reed Show floated across my screen the other day, I realized I neglected an important scene of the ideal family life. I overlooked Donna seeing Alex off to work with a smooch on the cheek, well-wishes, and a warm smile. In order to see my husband off to work, I need to get up a little earlier in the morning, so this may become my greatest trial.

In addition to that, I came across an article that reminded me of the importance of family dinner. Traditionally, the family gathered around the table and talked about their days. Talking to each other and finding out what is going on when family members are apart happened naturally without needing to be reminded to do so. Sadly, most of us are too busy checking email, watching television, or playing games to look up and notice the people around us even at dinner time. This takes away a daily chance to connect with those around us and follow the advice to counsel together oft.

I hope your own experiments and resolutions continue to uplift you and improve the happiness of your heart and home.

No comments:

Post a Comment