Thursday, December 31, 2015

Welcome to New Year Dreams [RANTINGS]

I have a few hours left to resolve my goals for 2016. I find myself reflecting on a talk I have heard numerous times that reminds us that when you put the most important goals first, everything else falls into place. With that in mind, I think I shall keep my goals simple. That should also keep my daughter from missing me too much while I type out a years worth of potential frustrations or successes.

So my hobbit-sized goals for 2016 include but are probably not limited to:

1. Be the best mother I can be.
2. Remind my husband every day how lucky I am to have him.
3. Read and watch more inspirational stories and talks.
4. Make the world I live in a better place.
5. Sort through the recipes that keep inspiring me and find the very best ones. (Anyone want to volunteer to help me eat my creations?)
6. Spend less time on frivolous things and people.
7. Follow little promptings even when they seem illogical or take me out of my comfort zone.

Given my lack of success with previous resolutions, I won't distress us with a longer list. What are your major goals for next year? Will they help the little goals fall into place?

Now get out there and ring in the new year. I will be doing so in the warm swaddle of my freshly laundered sheets unless my sweet little boss wakes me for some momma daughter time. May your plans be equally wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment