Saturday, October 31, 2020

Vampire Hands [POETRY]

Vampire hands

Slabs of ice

With icy tendrils 

To caress your face

You accept this

What you want

Is blood’s kiss 

To drain you dry

Set you free

Give you darkness 

For eternity

So hold them tight

These vampire hands

And hope the demon understands 

Hope this felt like more than a treat than a trick. My attempt at prose didn't coalesce into something worthy of my loyal readers. I kept this one short and sweet, mostly because I am wore out from trying to keep my crazy little ghouls from running into the street--that is true terror for a mama's heart. We only went to a few houses, but my.generous neighbors have fueled my cuties (and their parents through the parent tax, am I right?) for at least a couple of weeks. Happy Healthy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment