Friday, February 19, 2021

Definitely a Rant About Something

I was working on a story, but I got it halfway there and it was looking promising and my brain fogged over. I didn’t want to present you with a half-finished piece because I know my readers want to know where the story ends. I will find that ending. It might take me while year though. Don’t worry I have other fiction pieces in the works to be shared with you.

But for now, I shall rant because sometimes even sunshine hobbits need to vent. Valentine’s Day rolls around every year and we all compare out valentines with each other. Who got more candy? Who got Valentine’s from more kids in the class? 


Why on earth do we think we only get to show love once a year? I have been trying to figure that out for my whole life. I think my toddlers have it right. They hug me all the time. Of course, their favorite time lately has been when I am cutting vegetables or trying to pull something out of the oven. At least they love me…and aren’t afraid to show it.


I remember fondly a Singles’ Awareness Day when a friend dropped by with a cookie and a single rose to let me know someone loves me. She doesn’t remember it, but I certainly do. I need to find more energy, so I can be that kind of friend. Everyone needs pleasant surprises in their life.


I would say more but love calls in the form of tiny snuggle machine…

No comments:

Post a Comment