Sunday, January 31, 2016

Willing to Learn [PREACHY]

Today I noticed my daughter as I reached out to take the sacrament. Sitting sweetly in her daddy's lap, she peered over the top of the tray at the bread with deep interest. As church leaders encourage us to keep the sabbath day holy and be more reverent in our church meetings, I look to the innocent for guidance:

We should always listen to talks and lessons with rapt attention, no matter how many times those topics have been addressed.

We should smile at strangers to bring joy to their lives and hopefully inspire them to bring that joy to others they meet each day.

We should be willing to learn from those around us.

We should look for opportunities to discover new information, increase our testimonies, and heighten our knowledge of concepts we already know.

We should make time for family, snuggling, healthy eating, and appreciating the blessings in our lives.

I'm sure I have much more to learn from my daughter as she grows and learns and develops a testimony of her own. I hope I make time to appreciate what I learn from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment