Thursday, April 16, 2020

Inspire Me [POETRY]

I once told someone I wasn't inspired to be his girl
He was so sweet, I wouldn't hurt him for the world
He  had asked me to date his friend first
And I hoped my gentle rejection would be the worst
No idea where life took him, though I could check
I will just assume it wasn't a train wreck
Because the better lives I might dream up for him
Might not fill the need of his personal whim
But others I might seek out who would inspire me
To reach toward the light of higher me
Who reached beyond the stars with words
Soaring amongst the feathers of the birds
To sink back down until feet touch the earth
And with the power of words I find rebirth
And hope in gifts bestowed upon my heart
When I take a moment to take a chance and make a start

I think we all need more inspiration and less trauma these days.
Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment