Sunday, April 5, 2020

One Moment [POETRY]


Lips gently brush against lips
Breaths mingled, the world slips
Away in this single moment
Was this what my heart meant
When it skipped a beat when your face
First appeared in a familiar place
And as I breath in the scent of you
I know you are a soul I always knew
And when our lips finally part
And you hold me close to your heart
I close my eyes long enough to wonder
Will we awaken from this spell we are under

A decade passes and your lips still bring
The power to cause my heart to sing
Some moments are not made to end
When one falls in love with a friend
And learns to grow closer each day
To the one who makes them feel this way
So lean in close, let our lips touch
Does a single kiss really mean this much?

A little mushy, I know, but the prompt today led me here. Be glad I didn't choose to write a poem about childbirth. Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment