Friday, December 3, 2021

Dear Santa [FICTION]

 I only wanted one thing for Christmas last year and it never appeared under my tree. I appreciated all the clothes, particularly the fuzzy socks, but it left me wondering what more I could do to earn a spot on the “Nice List”.


I know you see everything, so you know I sat down on December 26th and wrote my own version of a “Nice List”. Since I know you have my letter from last year, you already know what I wanted most in all the world, so this year’s letter will focus on all the nice things I have done this past year in order to earn it.


So far, I have spread joy in the following ways:


1. Helping the neighbors take down their lights last year, so they wouldn’t be doing it in the April showers again.

2. And the day after Thanksgiving a couple weeks ago, I didn’t add to the shopping chaos because I was helping put those same lights up. Full disclosure, Santa, I did accept some cookies from Mrs. McClusky. She leaves some out for you every year, so you know why I couldn’t say no.

3. I helped my mom around the house even when she didn’t ask.

4. And I tried to keep my little brother and sister from bothering her. They want new board games, by the way, in case you can’t read their scribbles.

5. I have shoveled a lot of snow for my elderly neighbors, raked leaves, and even helped plant a million seeds and bulbs that I don’t know the name of.

6. I even tried to pay better attention to my teachers at school, and I definitely turned every assignment in on time.

Don’t worry, Santa, I realized I like being helpful even when delicious cookies aren’t promised, so I will keep being good. But I would still appreciate just one special gift under the tree this year. And I won’t say “no” to fluffy socks if Mrs. Claus insists.


~~Every year The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints reminds us that the holidays are more about what we give than what we give. What better gift can we give than the gift of time? This was clearly a fictional story, because Santa doesn’t have time to read my blog, but I hope it inspires all of us to show more love even if we fear Santa isn’t going to place our most coveted gift under the tree.~


~~And in honor of lighting the world, feel free to check this inspirational video out: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/comeuntochrist/light-the-world-2021/the-christ-child ~~


No comments:

Post a Comment