Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pitiful Post

This week exploded on me. While I have a piece in the works, my readers deserve the best I have to offer. Sadly that piece still needs some tweaking and revising, so I thought I would comment on what I am learning from one of the three books I am currently reading. Since I need to finish reading it by the afternoon, I will keep my commentary brief.

"Shibumi" sounds like an awesome title, doesn't it? A good title can draw in even the most timid reader.

I also find that I receive a small thrill of satisfaction when the reason for the title emerges in the storyline.

I adore a varied cast of characters, particularly when they say bizarre things. (You'll have to read it to understand."

However, the bizarre statements can begin to wear on one if they are overused.

I also find that the use of many languages without any clue as to the meaning comes off as pretentious. At least I understood the French parts.

As always, this should inspire to write better pieces for you, dear readers. Keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment