Thursday, November 26, 2020

A Thanksgiving Poem

We’re all thankful for something. At least, we should be. I am thankful for themes. Not just the age old theme from “A Christmas Story” about what you want for Christmas, but all those themes or prompts our teachers offered us from “what I did on my summer vacation” to the “describe Thanksgiving at your house”, which once heralded this joyous poem that I thought my dear readers would enjoy.

THANKSGIVING


Sitting down at the table to eat

Turkey and ham, the other white meat

Saying grace over our Bounty

It's the best paper towel in the county


My brother has swallowed the turkey

And his eyes look kind of murky,

But he still has room for pie

Lemon, chocolate, and pumpkin, oh my.


We all stand up in joy to sing

Hoping my brother doesn't eat anything

Because odds are he'll explode 

And scatter himself across the road.


Finally, he's ready to go

Which we're all happy to know

So we give him a push out the door

Because he can't squeeze through like before.

No comments:

Post a Comment