Friday, November 27, 2020

Always Thankful [PREACHY]

 I know l have expressed a lot of gratitude over the last few weeks, but this should not be a new theme to any of us. We should be grateful every day for every good thing we are blessed with. I hope you bear with me for a couple more posts and be grateful that turkey and pie, oh my, have finally become fair game unless they all disappeared yesterday or this morning at breakfast. Pie for breakfast is a very good idea in times like these. (Truth be told, I had a friend egg and a homemade donut filled with raspberry cream, but I had pie with lunch.)

So today and every day, I’m thankful for my ability to create something out of nothing because I know I can make most of what I need if I can scrounge up the materials. I can turn scrap paper into a book. I can create a warm comfy quilt or clothing from the right number of scraps of cloth. And as most people who really know me have become aware, the right combination of ingredients can be turned into a meal or a sweet treat, depending on my mood. Granted, I have sweet little toddlers who don’t always enjoy mommy’s kamikaze food creations. That just means there is more for me, so that is something else for which to be grateful.

What is one thing you are grateful for even in your turkey and pie-induced haze?

And what is the one leftover you can’t wait to sink your teeth into today?

No comments:

Post a Comment