Monday, April 11, 2022

A DOSE OF POETRY

DAY 5

Believe I loved you from the moment we met

Or would you think it makes no sense

To love someone who lost a bet

That this one was indeed a girl

Not a man trying to take the world

Because a real women in bytes is rare

And now we meet again somewhere

And you don’t believe the history we share

Because monsters outside imagination prove

Too real, too strong, for us to move


Does it make sense that a million miles

Can’t dull the warmth of your smile

When you forget and think once more of me

As the true love you claimed me to be

But the present returns and we wrench free

From illusions that we could only see

When the the sun sinks down, the moons reveal

The dreams we hide behind the real


~~


DAY 6


Lost in the dream where old friends can meet

Without wearing out our slightly aged feet

Lost in the dream of time truly cherished

Reassured that friendship hasn’t perished

So if I tell you I thought of you today

Know that I mean it in a loving way

And I remind you I want to see you again

Know that I mean it and we will both win

If we join forces to take a moment together


~~


DAY 7


I can never get too much of you

Though I know you don’t feel as I do

Drunk on love, wrapped up in your eyes

Being lured in by little white lies

Yet too little exists

Too much is a myth

I take all you have to give

And yet need more to live

In this dream, illusion of two

Locked in an embrace, me and you


~~


DAY 8


They tell you that you aren’t enough

But don’t tell you that life is tough

To make you stronger, force you to grow

They try to tell you that you just don’t know

Yet somehow wisdom creeps in

And you won’t give in again

When they tell you to give up, become their doll

So you laugh, break free of their thrall

And you’ll be the one to finally confess

That you were more though they called you less


~~


DAY 9


What is broken can not be fixed

Even when the harmer has been nixed

Though they deny your denial

They never accept they are on trial

So the egg once broken remains apart

Much like a shattered, untamed heart

Yet when you breathe deep, build anew

The broken pieces can help to renew 

And create perfection from cracks and scars

For we are made better by what is ours


~~


DAY 10


Sweetness on my tongue

Warmed on the vine by the sun

I reach past the thorns to claim

A love with a well known name

Let your juices flow through

Erasing any pain I knew

As nature’s nectar briefly heals

The darkness that so often steals

The strength to enjoy moments like this

Given one sweet blackberry kiss


~~


DAY 11


Where do you find it, this power

Do you find it in the witch’s hour

Is it in the flame that lights the fire

That warms the heart, stokes desire

Is it lost on us as we are lost
Do we seek it no matter the cost

Or is the power in humble hearts

Turning down more vaunted parts

In this great play of life

Or is it sharp like the edge of the knife?




~~I made an executive decision to post more poems at once. That way I only have to remember once a week to poem you up. I also took some inspiration from Emily Dickinson and decided to give numbers instead of names.~~

No comments:

Post a Comment