Monday, April 4, 2022

Poetry for Day 3 and Day 4

SCENT OF YOU

What is this carried on the wind

And where will this end

When the scent of you reaches me

And I look up and long to see

One who longer stands at my side

Will my tears need to hide

As I realize this is a memory

Of a love that used to be

And the soft scent clinging there

Is the not the same infused somewhere

In my mind and heart so long ago

I breathe deep, not yet ready to let go

Of this scent, forest, sea, and sand

Mingled and I feel your hand

Once more upon my face

Though neither of us is in this place 


~~


KEEP RUNNING


Keep running, keep them at bay

Keep running from what they say

They can’t catch up and pull you down

Tackle you to the cold, hard ground

Unless you stop and let them pass

Close enough to catch this lass


Keep running, you deserve better

Keep running, before they fetter

Your hopes and dreams, tie you down

So your own tears make you drown

Stretch those legs and run

Even if you must race the sun




Two poems for two days. Somehow I never found the time to post yesterday’s poem, so you get a two for one deal today.

No comments:

Post a Comment